Job 33:28

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mirrors lie.  They tell you you look good, at least better than you did when you started whatever the process was to get you looking in the mirror.  Changing clothes, putting on make up or doing your hair, the mirror lies.

I know this because sometimes I look in the mirror and think, "Yeah that's okay."  Then I look at a picture taken that same day and think, "What the HECK?"

The time has come again to be serious about a diet.  Several of my friends have had very good success with their diets, and I think it is time for me.  I need to get rid of this baby weight before I add more on.  I told D. we can talk about babies again at the end of the year, so there's not much time to get some off.

I talked to the Dr. about it and he said as soon as my lungs and feet are "less jacked up" he could hook me up with a program that can work  on the condition that I PROMISE to exercise, or it would be a waste of effort.  I know he's right.  I've lost weight before without exercise, but it all found me again.

I'm thinking a good idea would be the C25K program and some gym time after work.   It will be hard because 1. I'm lazy and 2. I don't like to walk with the current stroller.  I don't want to buy an expensive exercise stroller if I'm not really going to get my money's worth. Besides, if we do get pregnant around the end of the year, I'll need a double . . . hard.

Other plans, figure out my protein, calories and burn calories needs.  I know there are formulas.
Improve will power- get exercise music and listening materials ready to keep me focused.
Make a schedule to be sure to have no excuses for "no time" to exercise.

I've decided to stay part time, probably until the Spring, when the full time position opens up at TCU.

When to start?  Well, my feet are still feeling pretty good from the steroid shot. (that was amazing) I'm feeling mostly better from the lung sickness (that was pretty awful.) So  I think I'll start the exercising Monday or Tuesday.  I'll start the diet planning this weekend or Monday.  I wish I could find all the S4L stuff that I had a few years ago.

It's going to happen . . . I think.

No comments: