Job 33:28

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Boo- my last real vacation day is over. It was too short. I could do with another week or two. I occasionally think I should become a real teacher so I can have the whole summer off.

Speaking of being a 'real' teacher. I was informed in the last faculty meeting that I am Not a professor. Only PhD's are professors. I am an instructor. Again, Boo. I always thought of 'Professor' as a title substitute for those who don't have PhD's. If you have a PhD you are "Dr. So-and-so." If you don't you are "Professor So-and-so." Wrong!

Not that it matters, I never had my students address me as Professor, I never introduced myself as professor. I never tell people I'm a "professor." But all that's not the point.

In other useless news- I am a total failure at making doll clothes. What this means is that I have a whole passel of nekkid dolls hanging out in my apt. Some of them even have little tushies and "lady parts" which really should be covered up.

My dog is so lazy. He just got out of bed to walk four feet and lay down.

Next he walked over to his food bowl and looked at it like, "What? This again?!"

Poor darling.

I think my left shoulder is tanner than my right.

I really should be on twitter.

I have vacation things to talk about- really, I'm just working up to them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naturally, as everyone knows (or should know, the term 'Cheap Crack' stems from the old english words 'cheip' meaning low quality or poor and 'crakk' meaning a type of intoxicant. Therefore Cheap Crack would be a poor quality form of crack cocaine such as could have been found in the Mountains of East Tennessee in the mid 1990s. Indeed, the phrase became so prevalent in Appalachia that one often found it used in daily life and example would be as follows... 'Sam said he isnt paid enough to preach on Sunday, I guess hes been smoking cheap crack.' I hope this is of some help, naturally, a Professor would have known this but an Instructor probably would not.

shannon peterson said...

touche- I now have a new excuse for all gaps of knowledge- 'Sorry I didn't know, must be because I'm only an instructor, not a professor.'