Job 33:28

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I made this pink elephant over a year ago. I looked at the finished project in the pattern book and immediately thought, 'that is pretty ugly.' I don't remember what ever possessed me to decide to make one. Did I think I could make it cuter than the one in the book? (Well, if I do say so myself, some times I do make things cuter than the originals, not often, but it has happened.) Did I decide to make one of everything in the book? What I on some kind of cheap crack? I DON'T KNOW! Needless to say my elephant turned out equally as ugly as the ones in the book.

The heads of everything this designer makes are crazy big. It's for the effect I know. They are supposed to look exaggerated and cartoonish. But the head on this pink elephant is HUGE. Also, it's trunk is kind of phallic looking. It has 'crazy eyes' staring wildly- like it's on cheap crack (where is all this cheap crack coming from? I think my dog might be a drug runner.)

I tried to make her cute. I gave her a little scarf, a skirt, some bows for her ears. Still ugly. She's been lurking in my closet all this time, because I didn't dare put her with the bag of cute things that I've made. I didn't want homely to rub off. I took her out of the closet today. I painted her finger/toe nails. Which is to say I painted some finger/toe nails on. I gave her eyelashes, blush, a little heart on the end of her trunk, and another one on her little butt. She's still not so cute. However, she's trying really hard, and that counts for something.

You know what? Not everyone is cute. That's just life. Some folks are homely, and you just got to love the cute into them. It's a proven fact that the more you love someone the better that person looks. It's also a proven fact that the drunker you are the better some people look, but I digress . . .
Sometimes you can look at a not-so-beautiful (physically) person, you may notice some attempts on that person's part to look better. A hair do/cut clothes, make up- whatever. We should love them more for trying to look better, because most of us know we aren't beautiful- even beautiful people sometimes think they aren't beautiful- so it's good when someone notices you've made an attempt to look better.

No comments: