Job 33:28

Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm still having problems uploading my pictures- maybe some problem with yahoo at the moment-

I think I may have started a small riot on the way to work today.

I had a bag full of candy, pens and paper which I took to the squatter kids.

I walk by them everyday- usually theres tons of kids just hanging out playing in the dirt.

Today there was only one little girl and a baby. I walked up to her and gave her some candy- immediatly there were 20 kids yelling for more candy.

I gave them each two pieces of candy- taking care to open some for the babies so they could pop in their mouths- those older kids were vultures for candy- I was afraid the babies wouldn't get anything.

Then I gave them pens and pencils- they loved the pens and pencils, but were stragely not interested in the paper. I was thinking they go together but what do I know?

By the time I was down to just paper and candy I gave up trying to be fair. I threw the candy up in the air - handed the bag of paper to and older kid and walked away.

Two of the older boys who were there were not squatters, but just wanted some free stuff (and got some) decided to be my new best friends and walked me all the way to work- then I told them the guards wouldn't let them any further they turned around and went home.

Time for the lice shampoo now.

No comments: