Job 33:28

Thursday, June 19, 2003

an email I sent last night:

I would like to take a moment to vent:

My feather rose boss says to me tonight, "You know, you really need to be more talkative to the customers when they come to the stand."

He blah-blah-blahed about it, but that was the jist of the lecture. and I'm thinking, "I am not a people person! I hate selling things! If you had interviewed me before you hired me you would know these things!"
Man, people come up to the booth, they are talking among themselves, I don't feel the need to interrupt them with a witness about the obvious! The freaking stand says "Feather rose"

So I'm supposed to walk up and say, "Hey, it's a feather rose. It's a rose made out of feathers-- even the leaves are feathers, because it's a rose, and roses have leaves, but FEATHER roses have Feather leaves. And it's scented, like a rose, get it? Rose? You want to know why it's scented? because these are made out of goose covering, and when they aren't scented they smell like a drowned goose! Isn't that cool? You want to buy one? They are only $4.84 each, including tax"

Okay, so I need to be more personable. I'm simply working under the premise that sales people should be available to answer questions, not necessisarily volunteering information out the wahoo.

They can bite me. I hate people. I want a job working with nobody. Just minding my own business and doing my work which has been carefully explained to me, and me doing exactly what I'm expected to do, no more, no less. ok

good night

No comments: