Job 33:28

Thursday, June 19, 2003

I went to Sunday School last week. As I was filling out the visitor's card the single's minister asked me where I was from. I told him I was from PA origionally, and he started up with a 20 point quiz about PA history. I think I passed it. At least I did alot better on PA history than I would have on TX history.

As soon as the quiz was over I was introduced to the minions, and was immediatly handed an invitation to a party. Ummm, friendly little baptists. When I actually looked at the invite I noticed it had two dates on it, and I couldn't figure out what the intention was until I saw it said, "bring your pillow" a sleep over. This girl invited a total stranger, who just happened to show up to Sunday school to her sleep over? (She's 20 something and having a sleep over?!)

Anyway, the class was good, I argued with the teacher about the total depravity of man and predestination while the rest of the class sat there and looked stunned. One girl told me she thought I was "really brave" for showing up to Sunday school and church alone. Yeah, well, I could tell her a thing or two about showing up places. Sunday school was one of the least of my adventures in showing up.

No comments: