Job 33:28

Thursday, March 02, 2023

Local “bucket list’

 A few weeks ago I thought I should write down a ‘local bucket list.’  My real bucket list items are things which revolve around travel to far flung and interesting places- pricy things or experiences which I would like to do or have- but reality check- no moneys.

For a ‘local list’ I wanted to write things that I could do without leaving DFW, things that were inexpensive and really do-able.  

To get some ideas, I of course Googled it.  “Local Bucket List Ideas.”  

I found a list with lots of ideas, but it turns out most of the things which I would like to do on those lists . . . I’ve already done.

1. Make a journal

2. Write a blog

3. Make a loaf of bread

4. Ride a mechanical bull

5. Sing karaoke

6. Go to dinner alone

7. Read a classic

8. Be a tourist in your own town

9. Hug a redwood tree (not really local)

10. Handwrite a letter

11. Knit a scarf

12. Read the book before you watch the movie

Oooh here’s one from the list I could do: 

13. Start a fire without matches or a lighter- sounds like a challenge

I’m gonna start a new list.

1. Start a fire without matches or a lighter- Lailah the firebug would be glad to help me with this

2. Draw and paint a series of self portraits (at least 7)

3. Read 24 or more books in 2023 (I’ve completed 5 so far)

4. Write 52 or more blog posts in 2023 (I’ve completed enough to be ahead of schedule already I think)

5. Complete (use all the pages of) an art journal- someday- but for now complete 52 pages of an art journal because I don’t know how many pages the art journal I will choose will have

6. Get a 300 day streak on Duo lingo in 2023 (I currently have 100+)

7. Complete teacher certification process by this time next year

8. Write a kids book and get it illustrated  

9.  Try acupuncture

10. Embroider or cross-stitch the Lord’s Prayer

11. Knit or crochet 100 pairs of baby booties to donate (I have 5 so far)

12. Complete 52 James Method verse diagrams in 2023 (I have 2)

No comments: