Job 33:28

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

J&J covid vaccine- check

 I got my J&J vaccine last week.  I hadn't been especially concerned about getting a vaccine.  I figured there were plenty of people who wanted it or needed it more than I did, so I was just waiting my turn. My sister-in-law is a nurse practitioner.  Every once in a while she would announce that her practice had extra vaccines.  The problem was that once she let us know they were available, we had to drive 45 minutes to get them that same day.  

Once the governor announced no mask mandate and 100% openings for business, I thought we might want to start getting more serious about our vaccines.

Our opportunity came up last Thursday, so yeah we're vaccinated!

D had zero reaction.  Of course.  I, like 1.4% of the population had all of them.  Of course.

It wasn't terrible, just annoying.  I had a slight fever and chills, fatigue, and ouchie! vaccine arm.  

Actually, I didn't know there was such a thing as 'vaccine arm' until today.  I got the vaccine on Thursday.  On Friday I had soreness and redness about the size of a nickel.  Saturday it was very sore and the redness was about the size of my thumb.  Sunday the redness was about three inches across and two inches wide.  It was quite painful.  It felt like a deep muscle bruise.  The slightest touch was too much.  (troublesome with three huggy girl-children.) By Monday I was feeling a bit better, not quite as tired and yuck, but my arm injection site had started itching like crazy!  I couldn't scratch it because it hurt too much.  I had been taking Benadryl and pain relievers, but nothing seemed to help.  Tuesday I think I thought I was all better and did too much stuff and felt bad again by evening.  UGH.

Today I didn't do much- my redness is mostly gone, it only itches a little, the soreness is reduced and so I think I'm almost recovered from my J&J vaccine!  

There is still about a two-inch-long welt under my skin at the injection site.  This is certainly the weirdest reaction I've ever had to any kind of vaccine.

So now I won't die from the disease du jour.


No comments: