Job 33:28

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

waiting for the locksmith

Yesterday I locked my keys in my car.  It's not easy with a keyless entry system, but I've managed it more than once.  The first time my small children were buckled in their seatbelts and the remote start was on.  Some kind firemen helped me out of a jam that time.  It's a Ford with an entry code which I didn't know at the time.  I got the code, and promptly forgot all about it- until yesterday when I realized that it was also locked in my car.  Useful.

While I waited for the locksmith to come break into my car I was thinking about my first car, my 1980 Toyota Celica. I thought of it because I used to lock myself out of that car all the time.  I learned early on that it wasn't really a problem though because any similar make and year's car would open my doors.  Yeah, it made me feel super secure- any late 70s to mid 80s Toyota or Honda key could open my door.  Yeah, it also solved my problems several times.

After I started thinking about that little key detail, it made me start thinking about all the adventures I had in my first car.

What was your first car?  What adventures did you have?  You should take some time to write it down, or otherwise record it.

I remember my grandfather telling me about his first car.  I don't remember what the exact car was, but it was an early model Ford (of course.)  He said he would have to crank it up every time he wanted to start it. If he went too fast, which he loved to do, the wheels would literally fly off.

Imagine what your grandkids will think of your first car stories.

No comments: