Job 33:28

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I have a "friend" on Facebook (yes read those quotes as intended) who is very opinionated.  She's an atheist and she's always railing against anything Christians and all the "dumb" things Christians do. She's Californian, so she's always going off on Texans and rednecks.  She practices "attached parenthood" so she's always against "scheduling children."  It goes on and on.  I think many of her posts are silly and some even offensive. I've often wondered how I could stop seeing her posts without actually unfriending her.  I mean, I don't want to not be her friend, I want to be able to comment to her  on her page if I feel like it.  I want to be able to email her if I want to, I just don't care to see all her posts and her comments of other people's posts.

Besides, unfriending feels weird.

So, today she made a comment about how she was going to unfriend people who are always making religious comments, because they bored her.

People were commenting and saying, "yeah, you should, those people are hypocrites anyway."  Really? Now all Religious people are hypocrites?  Blanket.  Thanks for you open mindedness.

So I made a comment because 1.  I was feeling sassy and 2. she quit and she's not my boss any more :0)

I thought I was being not rude- but maybe I was wrong, as the comment got deleted and a new comment by her was posted which said, If you don't like what I post about you should unfriend me, I've unfriended people for lots of reasons, like moaning about a relationship for too long, or always selling something or just long repetitive posts.

I wish I would have copied my post so that I knew exactly what I said, but is was something like this

Hypocrisy is a problem for all people.  It's fair warning to tell people you will unfriend them, but people like to post about what they believe in.  You often post about what you believe in. You shouldn't unfriend people for what they believe in, you should unfriend them because they aren't your friends.

I looked to see if she unfriended me, but I guess I'm not religious enough . . . YET!

No comments: