Job 33:28

Monday, October 04, 2010

The jig up at work- they're on to me!  I had the easiest job in ever, for about 8 weeks.  Well, take them as they come, I say.  Easy come easy go.

For the past 6 weeks I've just had to show up for the majority of my work hours- ok there was some button pushing, some watching students push buttons, and a little bit of reading involved, but nothing outside of the work hours, which in absolutely heavenly as a teacher.

They just put it all together and decided that it doesn't take someone with a master's degree to push buttons and do a little bit of reading. (ie they don't have to pay the amount of money they are paying me to push buttons and watch students push buttons.)  Bother.

To top it off I forgot to come to work this morning.  Dang it all!  I was supposed to fill in for the Assistant Director this morning, but I TOTALLY forgot.  I showed up 20 minutes before my class, looked at my calendar and realized I was 40 minutes late for the class I was supposed to fill in for.  I went to the class and all the students were just sitting there, at the computeres- watching Youtube, writing emails, etc.  One said, "We have been alone."  So I went in and told the Director that I'd messed up.  He said, "Well, that just goes to prove that we don't really need anyone for that time slot, none of the students even came to the office to ask where their teacher was."   SNAP!  The students don't even care!

Uh- what does this mean for me?  Well, it could mean far few hours at work.  It could mean that I'll actually have to do "work" at work.  I hope it's the second.  I could stand do some work at work, but no work and no money would be so sad for me.

No comments: