Job 33:28

Tuesday, October 05, 2010


I was feeling sad today- so far the week has been going poorly.  Monday I forgot to go to work, Tuesday I called to see if the agreement that I didn't have to go to work today was still on in light of Monday- to be informed that I had that wrong too- that I was supposed to come to work today for sure because the Assistant Director had the 14th and the 21st on her calendar while I had the 5th and the 28th on my calendar for days off.  Strange . . . it doesn't seem like me to schedule days off so close to each other- I usually try to spread them out.

The more I thought about why I would have chosen those dates and written other dates on my calendar the more irritated I was with the situation.  I decided to look up the email to see what went wrong.  I learned I had said the 5th and the 28th- I don't know where the 14th and the 21st came in.  Uhg- clearly none of  us has very good memories.

Witch shoes
It looks like I have long legs (and cute shoes!)
Anyway, on account of being upset about Monday and Irritated about today I did what any sensible woman would do- I went shopping.  I also did what any poor-sensible person would do- I went to the thrift store.  I didn't expect to find anything good, but I found two pairs of shoes and a jacket that made me happy.  One pair of shoes is for Halloween.  I'm going to be the Good Witch Glenda.  I've got the dress, shoes, wand, jewelry and the glitter, but I can't find what I need to make the crown.  The crown is the best part- I'll look for the rest of this week for the plastic sheeting I need, but I might just have to buy a crown.  That would be too bad, but a girl needs a crown to be a good witch.  The shoes I got are pink-low-healed-pointy-toed-mules with  buckle!  I would never buy such shoes for real purposes, but as I already have them for Halloween, they may grow on me.  It's hard to explain.

The other pair of shoes are red Mary Janes with a gold buckle and tiny heals.  So cute!

No comments: