Job 33:28

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I have a computer in every room. That would be embarrassing if they all worked. The one in my bedroom won’t connect to the internet. The one in the office connects but very slowly. It is also a dinosaur in computer years. The one in the living room is a laptop but I can’t move it around because it has no battery life and the charger doesn’t connect to the computer right, so sometimes it just shuts down when you least expect it. I only use it to watch TV and movie downloads because 1. My TV gets 3 stations, one public television station and two Mexican stations. (Odd since I live about 3 blocks from the CBS tower.) I don’t know if it’s the antenna or the digital converter box that has the problem. I don’t want to buy a new converter box, but I don’t want to buy a new TV if I’m only going to get 3 stations. 2. My DVD player is broken, there is sound, but no picture.

The computer in the dining room is pretty good though.

I plan to get some really long wires to run from the living room into the bedroom and the office so I can have internet everywhere. Yes, technically I have wireless, but obviously it’s not that great if it can’t reach from the living room (which is the only room it will connect in) to the bedroom, just down the hall.

I made some whole wheat bread today. Just another spike in the coffin of the corn industry- ha! I didn’t use any high fructose corn syrup! Like I care.

I think I'm going to knit some corn on the cob, give it a tiny turban, a white 'corn silk' beard, and a itty-bitty bomb belt. I shall call it Al Maiza. It will be a cob bomber.

My microwave died this weekend. What’s up with the dead devices? I actually had to heat my lunch up on the stove! Uhgh! It reminded me of when I was a kid. Being the late bloomers that we were, (I still am) we didn’t have a microwave or a VCR until I was in high school. Awkward. I didn’t have a CD player or a personal computer until after college. I didn’t get my driver’s license or my first car until I was 23. Foolishly I got my license, bought a car and drove across the country in the same month.

Now I don’t have a CD player, a DVD player, or a microwave, but I do have a VCR (that I bought in 1999) and an analogue TV (that I bought in 2004,) four computers and a hybrid car (with which I could drive across the county for $100.) Things have changed some, not much. Guess I should save up the money I’m saving in gas and buy a new microwave and DVD player- and maybe a TV . . .

No comments: