Job 33:28

Friday, October 02, 2009

The roaches and I are at it again. I've taken on several new strategies- roach spray, powder, motels, hotels, creams, gels and lotions. Okay, no lotions, but there's probably one on the market.
Yesterday I bought "lemon scented Raid" "Kills on contact!" I was skeptical- but what the heck? It couldn't smell any worse than normal scented. To my surprise- lemon scented Raid really does smell lemony-good. The "kills on contact" is not quite true. It does kill them, but sometimes it takes a few sprays. I know I spray too much product- but I want to see them die before my very eyes- I don't want them slinking away to die- or maybe not die . . . So- I spray until they flip over and start kicking their tiny little death kick.

Much to the dog's dismay I have started vacuuming up roaches. I figure if I see one, there's more hiding where ever he came from, so I just leave the vacuum ready to suck them up to their deaths. I hope they die chocking and gasping for air-drowning in dust. I hope they don't just get in there and think, "hey cool! a nice dark place to copulate!" Then crawl out later when I'm not looking. I've seen no evidence of roach escape so far.

Buzz goes into fits every time I turn the vacuum on. He won't just go and hide as one might expect, he has to run around in circles and keep coming back to see where the vacuum is- then run away so it doesn't get him, then come back and check . . . I wonder if he's checking to see if I'm okay- maybe he's not just afraid of getting sucked up himself, but afraid that I might also get sucked up- I don't know what's going on in his little doggie brain.

No comments: