Job 33:28

Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm reading a book called Jesus wants to save the Christians I kind of like it. I've not read any of the author's other books. I haven't finished it, but I looked it up on Amazon to see what kind of reviews it was getting, pretty mixed it looks.

Some people say it fails to be 'hip.' Hmpht- I'm so out of the 'hippness' loop. Other people complained that it read like a blog. duh. You can tell that just by flipping through the pages. Besides, what's wrong with blogs? They complain that the style is difficult to read- but it seems styled so that it's especially easy to read. Short sentences and paragraphs- they give you time to think about what was just said.

Some people said it was Anti-American Hippy Liberation Theology.

I've always been interested in Liberation Theology. I mean in a very surface way- I haven't really studied it. They didn't encourage it in Bible school- too fringe I guess.

I started looking at other reviews the people who were complaining made. I wanted to see if they were complainers all the time or what.\

I found this quote about a book called Shack.

"At one point, after Mack has met God, he realizes that all of his seminary training was insufficient in preparing him for such a meeting. Well, let's hope not! Mack must not have done his homework before choosing a seminary."

Who does this joker think he is? I suppose he did his homework and chose the 'right' seminary. I suppose that when he stands face to face with God Almighty, Creator of Life and the Universe, he's gonna be all like, "sup dawg?" \

Most people don't come out of seminary thinking they know everything there is to know about God, they come out wondering how they could possibly be so stupid and forgiven at the same time. At least that's what they wonder if they learned anything at seminary.

No comments: