Job 33:28

Tuesday, September 23, 2008


I made a hat over the weekend. It was chunky yarn, so it’s not really a big deal. I saw the pattern online and thought “that’s so cute! I can do that!” In fact I could do that- but it turns out “that” is not so cute in real life. I learned two new techniques to make that hat! I did them right! It turned out just like the picture.

Here’s the problem- the picture shows the hat from the back. From the back the hat is cute. From the front it is like the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man ordered a beret, and that beret started bubbling and melting on my head. I looked in the mirror and thought “What happened! This can’t be right!” Then I turned around and looked at the back of the hat, and sure enough- it was cute, just like the dratted picture.

That will teach me to knit a hat with only a picture of the back to judge cuteness by.

Upon frontal inspection of the “hat” I decided it was terminally ugly and must be unmade post haste. I feared for my life and well being, thinking perhaps the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man would storm in demanding his half melted bubbly hat and inadvertently do some harm in the process.

No comments: