Job 33:28

Monday, February 25, 2008

I wonder if Big Brother is still watching?

I watched a movie called "Children of Men" last weekend. Disappointing. I was lead to believe it had Gillian Anderson in it- really it had Julianne Moore- wrong red-head.
Some of the "standout" moments seemed too forced to me. It was about a future when women can no longer have babies. Well, with a title like "Children of Men" I was hoping for some kind of reproductive breakthough, but there were not children of men, there was one child, and that was of a woman. It should have been called, "Child of Woman- without Gillian Anderson."

Then I watched "Equilibrium." It was about a future where people are not allowed to have feelings. Well, heck, that made me feel angry. You can't have a human society with out feelings. We would all be apathetic and lay around and do nothing and all starve as we lay in our own filth.
Besides, the characters who weren't supposed to be having feelings were having feelings all the time. Anxiety, Ambition, Agression, isn't Apathy a feeling? Maybe it's a state. Those are just some of the 'A' feelings- it went on and on. I'm sure it would have been better if described in a book. Maybe "Children of Men" would have too.

Maybe my life would be better if described in a book.

No comments: