Job 33:28

Monday, February 25, 2008

I had a stressful weekend. (waaaa!)

I decided to get new tires, been needing them forever. On my way to get the tires I was in an accident. Wow! It was really scary! I've been in three accidents to speak of now. (Two in the past 6 months!) This one was scary #2 damange #3. I was driving down 360 and I looked down for a second- my car was out of alignment from the previous accident and I drifted into the next lane and bumped the back of the car in the next lane. It was totally my fault. She moved over and pulled off. I freaked out and started swearving, freaked out swearving is very bad on the highway. It's all in slow motion. I knew I was freaked out swearving, but I couldn't stop myself. I spun out, hit the retaining wall and stopped, facing oncoming traffic. (I was on the shoulder.)

A few people stopped to ask if I needed an ambulence. I wasn't hurt, Buzz didn't even fall off the seat. I told them I was fine and to go check on the people in the other car. They were fine too. In this accident, as with accident #1 scary /#1 damage I feel really blessed. It could have been a million times worse. I feel like God has protected me many times, and in these two times specifically it was like a physical presence beside me and keeping me calm and safe, and my little dog too!

Jesus loves me this I know.

Both cars were drivable, the police didn't even come. Of course, since I have all the parts for the body of my car except one, that one I don't have was the part damaged. The same dang fender I screwed up last time!

I decided to get the tires any way. Since I was in the area I decided to call pk. I never saved her name in my new phone, so I started scrolling through to find her number. I rememberd thinking that her number was a really easy one to remember, so I should recognize it when I scrolled thought the old numbers. I found a number that had a lot of 7s in it. I thought, "This must be it." So I called it. That was not it. That was the Tax Man. He let it go to voice mail. I did not leave a message.

I hung up.
I then proceeded to say some bad words.
Then I found pk's real number, which happens to have a lot of 9s in it, and saved her name to my phone.

I'm hoping that he just missed the call didn't know it was me and is simply not one of those curious monkeys who has to call back missed calls whether he knows the number or not.

Or- he knew it was me and scorned my existance as he ignored the call.

Either way, fine by me- I think if he would have answered I might have had another accident.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you tell me all of that?

I remember that day... I thought you just didn't want to hang out... I didn't know you were all swerving and such...

I remember I went to Debi's... hmmmm