Job 33:28

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I feel like I've written about this before, but I can't find any reference in my archives,
so here I go again, stop reading if you’ve already heard about this.

There is a cologne that really affects more than just my sense of smell, you know what I mean? I don’t know what it is called. I first started noticing it at the end of high school. My high school boyfriend wore it. It smells clean, like soap, but better. I smell it once every few months, and I just smelled it again a few weeks ago.

I was at school and I walked down the stairwell and stopped at the foot of the stairs and started looking around- I could smell it. I looked around the corner and out the door, but it was only the cologne left, not the man.

I’m not sure why I always look for the man who is wearing it. The time before that, I smelled it at the grocery store. I walked past the frozen food isle and I smelled it. I immediately turned my cart around thinking, “Maybe I need some frozen food after all.” When I pinpointed the man with the cologne I realized he was a middle aged, paunchy, balding man wearing khaki shorts and black knee socks. To top off his look he also had blue and orange tattooed flames peeking out from between his shorts and his socks.

Unbelievably, I stood there innocently looking at the fish sticks (which I would never buy in a million years) and taking deep breaths for a few more seconds before he moved on. I thought about following him- but I came to my senses in time to go on about my own grocery shopping business.

Here is what I think about this cologne:

It must be semi-popular as it has been in production all these years.
It must be moderately expensive. If it were cheap I think I would smell it on more people, If it were crazy expensive I don’t think my high school boyfriend or tattooed-knee-guy would be wearing it.
It smells clean.
When I smell it I automatically start following the smell.

Imagine the power a man I was actually attracted to would have wearing that cologne.

Maybe its better I don’t know the name of it. It could get me in trouble.

No comments: