Job 33:28

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yesterday in class, the gerunds and infinitives were even boring me to death. I switched to prepositions, but it wasn't enough- I had to get candy and dancing involved.

I gave them a gumdrop and a toothpick for each correct answer on the worksheet. Then I told them to build something from the gumdrops and tooth picks. They built a house (with a satillite) a church, and a rollar coaster. They also built some very thin people and dogs. That was a pretty good diversion. Then we still had 40 minutes left in class, and one student wanted to leave early- I said "No way man!"
He said, "What if I dance for you, then can we leave early?"
Now that is a pretty good trade off- yes indeed.

I agreeded that I would let the whole class go 10 minutes early if he got in the front of the room and danced for 30 seconds.

He finally agreed and got up and did one of those Russian squat and kick dances. It was awesome- I should have gotten a picture! It was harder than he thought it would be, so he was huffing and puffing by the time it was over.

Ah- grammar, candy and dancing. It was a good day.

No comments: