Job 33:28

Monday, January 21, 2008

So, this past weekend- first I went to this radio station survey- they called me a few weeks ago and asked me if I listen to country music. I said, "Yeah, sometimes." So they said they would give me $50 if I came and did this survey. I said, "Heck yeah!" I have done much more for much, much less.

There were about 100 people at the survey. They played about 5 seconds of 500 songs. I marked down on a bubble sheet if it was F- favorite L- liked N-neutral D-don't like, H-heard too much or U-unfamiliar or something like that- as if I can keep all that straight, I've slept since then!

It wasn't bad- but it did take an hour and a half.

Then I took my $50 and went to Joann Fabrics and bought just one skein of yarn.

Then I went to California Pizza Kitchen to partake in what I credit as one of the nerdiest things I've ever done.

They called it 'meat space.' or maybe it was 'meet space.' Either way- nerdy. I started playing World of Warcraft and this was a meeting of people who play the game together (but alone, at home in front of the computer) So it was a bunch of people who knew each other by means of magical, imaginary characters. They were all talking in the speacial WoW languge of things still unknown to me. I told one of my co-workers about it and how weird it was, she said, "Don't worry, it will all seem normal if you keep doing it." Yes, and well, that's what I'm afraid of. What convinced me to go? Well it was at California Pizza Kitchen after all! (It's my favorite.)

I even told them I thought attending that meeting was possibly the nerdiest thing ever- one of them tried to convince me dressing up for the Ren. fair was more nerdy- but I wasn't convinced. Then they started talking about Sci-Fi/Fantacy conventions- and told me that if I've never gone/dressed up for one of those, I haven't lived nerdy, haven't even tasted it! Then they started ignoring me and comparing convention stories. WoW.

No comments: