Job 33:28

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I'm not avoiding the blog- I'm not! The blog is back, but my internet is not. I've been in my new apartment almost a month- my how time flies - and I still haven't bothered to get internet. Well, there are so many other pressing things to be done, like, put my copious amounts of junk in nooks and crannies, buy more stuff, walk the dog, cough up a few lungs, knit, read, watch movies, make quasidillas and tator tots- honestly the list goes on and on.

Brand new on my list starting last night is wondering how long it will take for one of the low flying jets to crash land in the middle of my building. When I moved in to this apartment, I knew that I was close, very close to the airport, but not actually in any flight paths. Last night it was a little stormy and as I was looking up at the beautiful sky- the transparent rainbow, the grey white puffy clouds when an enormous jet came swooping out of no where (SWOOPING I tell you!) and blasted right through my rainbow and puffy clouds with an earsplitting jet-like sound which I would attempt to imitate, but it's no use, you can't read imitated sounds.

I thought maybe this isn't a new flight path, maybe the airport is just backed up because of the storm, maybe they are just circling, maybe it will all go away soon.

This morning when I took Buzz out for his pee-pee time the weather was perfect. The sky was clear blue peace- the breeze was light and cool, the temperature was hovering around perfect, the sun was bright, but not too hot and the jets were flying low-low-low, one about every 3-7 minutes.

I'll take a picture, but I'm sure it won't convey the magnitude of the situation- bother.

No comments: