Job 33:28

Thursday, December 21, 2006





So I was walking down my street the other day when I noticed an elephant standing infront of the temple. My reaction: "I know it aint!" and I pulled out my camera. Actually there were two elephants. I snapped a few pictures and moved on thinking that to be a great addition to my "animals of Bangalore" list.


Later that evening I heard a parade coming from the temple down the street. Usually the parades are really funerals and are going towards the temple, acutally the grave yard- so I went out to see what was going on. Elephants of course! And dancing drummers, and lots of childrend with fire and some horn players who never actually played the horns.




My advice for anyone who is going to live in India for any amount of time- let's say a person who sometimes enjoys a little peace and quiet- DO NOT live 1. In a poor/low caste neighborhood I'm telling you- they are lound just for the fun of it. 2. a neighborhood with a temple a graveyard or a mosque. 3. Have lots of earplugs.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In searching for sites related to web hosting and specifically comparison hosting linux plan web, your site came up.