Job 33:28

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Shannon
I think the chicken symbolizes modern man in his attempt to fill his empty "void" life;
and the feather is the chicken's knowledge that he really doesn't know anything- knowing is really realizing you don't know.

I think if every chicken suddenly disappeared from earth, that would be confusing, but that's beside the point.

Sergio
I think the void symbolizes modern man and the chicken symbolizes all those that came before him and so we each have our chickens to face; many of those chickens are direct relatives
some are related by marriage. Others are food which makes things confusing,
but no more confusing than a egotistical void.

An egotistical void reads the New Yorker outdoors at coffee shops.
I guess such a void would be full of itself.

Shannon
If a void was full of it's self, would it still be void?
Sergio
It would be a void within a void.
Shannon
No, we are the chickens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a chicken or a void. (well i might be a void, since that is a synonym of my name, but that is besides the point.)

but, if i had to choose, i would choose that we are the chicken.....the other interpretation doesn't even make sense.

But, chicken is food....and i hate to think of myself as food.