Job 33:28

Friday, June 16, 2006

God is good, all the time. So we Christians say.

I found my phone, rather it was found . . . somewhere by someone seeking good vibes join me now in good vibing that person, repeat after me, "yeah, yeah!"

I once had an agreement with a friend that whenever we were happy about something, we would interject "yeah, yeah!" into the telling of the happy story as a show of enthusiasm. Either speaker or listener could interject. Conversely we could interject "whoa-whoa" into sad stories.

FYI

In other news. I hope to get some nitty-gritty stuff done this weekend, get some comfy furniture, get some matching curtains, or at least not-clashing curtains. I want to go to the supermarket to get basic kitchen supplies and baskets to put my supplies in. I need to buy some dog food for the beastie because he's been (happily) eating eggs and rice and bread, but there is no way I am going to cook eggs for my silly little dog every night! And on a more exciting note, get some fabric to get some clothes made.

I could buy clothes, but there is a tailor just on my street and he is such an interesting looking man I want to have an excuse to talk to him. He looks like the stereo-typical guru on the mountain. But he's not a guru (there are several of those in the neighborhood too) he's a tailor and he's not on a mountain, he's sitting in a little shop behind an ancient sewing machine on my street. He's ascetically thin, he has wild wavy black-grey hair. He doesn't wear western clothes, he wears the traditional short length wrap skirts.

He's wrinkled and worn, but when he smiles his face lights up in honest contentment. He always smiles at me when I walk by, not just a "Oh there's an Angrezi" smile, but "Hi! Welcome to the neighborhood, you want me to make you shirt?" smile. I like him.

I'm going to ask to take his picture when I go there.

No comments: