Job 33:28

Friday, May 26, 2006

In other news:

The insurance company called and all is well with the car. They came out and did an inspection of the damage. It was kind of funny. The guy looked at the car with all the dents and dings and missing pieces. It was dirty and packed full of stuff to take to storage, there may have been ketchup on the front left fender . . .

He made notes of everything, I showed him the damage. He said, "Is this part of it?"
I said, "No, that's where I ran into a fence, it starts here and goes to here."
He said, "Oh . . ." and wrote down some more stuff.
I figured he was going to give me some rediculously low estimate because of how bad the car looks in general and because it's old etc. But he came up with a sum greater than that which I paid for the car origionally.

Heck yeah! And that just for minor damage. I mean if I had a new car I would want it fixed, but for a old car that's already banged up in the first place . . . I took the cash!

It worked out well for all concerned. I had already agreed to sell the car to my aunt, so I told her about the damage, dropped the price in half and now we are both happy that I got hit by a granny.

No comments: