Job 33:28

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

As a follow up, I wrote but didn't publish that post a few days ago. I had my second interview with MS India last night and I'm scheduled for my third interview tomorrow.

Some awkward moments in the second interview:

He says: "Okay, we're going to role play now."
I'm thinking: "Role Play?! I was not anticipating this! This is not happening! This is not happening!"
I say: "Oh, okay!"
He says: "Pretend I'm a student and if I say anything wrong, you just correct me."
"When I should call you?"
Me: "Uhhhh . . . ummm . . . Well . . . "
Him: "Should it be not be inverted?"
(That just confused me . . . Was it inverted?! No! What's happening?!)
I'm thinking: Pass! Pass! Next question!

By the end of the role playing I was getting better at it, but I pretty much sucked it up on that part of the interview.

(Imagining role plays in other interview situations . . . Okay, you're a veterinarian, and I'm a sick kitty, I come in and say "Meow, Meeeee-ow Me-ooooo!" "What do you do?"

Focus!

He asked me where I was. I said, "Arlington, TX. It's between Dallas and Ft. Worth."
He said, "Oh, sure. Go Rangers."
Me: "yeah."

He asked, "Have you heard anything about Microsoft in the news lately?"
I'm thinking: "Like I watch the news."
I say: "No, not lately."

I wonder if anyone in India is reading this right now.

Hi! I love your country!
I want a job there!
Can Buzz come?

No comments: