Job 33:28

Thursday, January 26, 2006

My passport expires in March, so I went yesterday to get new passport photos. I knew it was going to be bad, but when I saw them . . . . I thought "Good day in the morning! I look FAT and doughy and . . . *sigh* poofy! (and my hair needs to be washed)"

For the next 10 years that will be my badge of all things international and I'm totally poofy!

Well, to be honest there's nothing for it. The reason I look poofy in the picture is because, I am poofy!

With this knowledge concretely in hand I made a decision. Weight Watchers. Yes, I will commit to an organized, advertised diet plan used by millions scorned by many. I don't care, if you are poofy and that's how you like it, more power to you. I don't want to look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy the rest of my days! And I'm going to wash my hair!

So there happened to be a Weight Watchers informational meeting at work this week, so I went.
I wasn't exactly sure where the room was so I walked into this big work area and I was just about to approach the first person I saw to ask if I was in the right place when I noticed she was fat.

I didn't know what to do. I mean, I didn't want her to think I had specifically picked her out to ask her where the Weight Watcher's meeting was! So I turned around and went to the next desk, FAT! Everywhere I looked they were all fat! I was thinking, is this the right place? Shouldn't someone on this diet be skinny?!

I was just about to leave when a modestly plump woman asked if I needed help. I asked about the WW meeting and she pointed me to the correct room down the hall to the left.

I didn't learn anything there really, except the leader's mother-in-law had died and there was a substitute leader coming. She was too late so I left. I think I saw her as I left the building.

I'm leaning toward the online option anyway.

I'll sign up this weekend to start the first of Feb.

Wish me lunch, I mean luck!

No comments: