Job 33:28

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Well, things appear to be, (in the immortal works of Merle Haggard) “rolling down hill like a snowball headed for Hell.”

But I’m up-beat, I’m a strangely optimistic gal.

I’ve been preparing all semester for my comprehensive exam.
“Shannon,” You may have asked in the past three months, “What are you doing tonight?” “Studying.” Said I.
“What are you doing this weekend?”
“Studying.”
“Next weekend?”
“Tomorrow?”
Reading, studying, writing notes . . . seriously I never want another degree. I like to take classes, but it’s lots funner when there is not ultimate goal (other than just learning cool stuff) that must be met.

I passed. I am (as always) ever so slightly above average. 1/12 above normal this time, (in my own estimation.)

The test was on a Saturday, on the following Monday I went to the oral surgeon and had all my wisdom teeth removed. One had grown in completely; it was “surgically extracted.” The other three were impacted, aka bony extraction, difficult extraction and difficult bony extraction.

I went to work the next day.

The transmission on my car went out on highway 183 East bound.

I received company the day after that.

Extreme introverts under high stress should not be allowed to receive company. I was kind of, well let’s just say MOODY.

This past weekend I started learning how to drive a stick shift. That is bad news for a girl with so little coordination as I.

There’s a lot of stalling, and squealing tires and grinding (gears and teeth) a lot of people shaking their fists at me and a lot of me talking to myself with words such as:
“Now, I wonder why that happened.”
“NO!! don’t turn red now!”
“That is IT! I’m running it!”
“Keep going, keep going, don’t stop now!” and
“Well, I don’t think that was right at all.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my first comment got lost in the virtual mail...

I had been wondering why I hadn't heard from you in a LONG time... now I know.

Email me when your trip is, so I can try to call you if I get back to Los E.U. de A. before you leave there.