Job 33:28

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Color Me Beautiful Carole Jackson, 1973
“Your bra can make or break the line of your outfit. Braless if fine for the woman with a youthful bust, but for the rest of us a bra is sexier and smoother. When you are wearing a bra, you nipple should be no more than three inches below your armpit (unless you are very full busted). Take a good look at yourself to be sure your bra is going its job. It may not be.”

Naturally the first thing I did after reading this was to pull out a ruler.
My bra is not doing its job. I thought it was just because I am old and chubby, but indeed it was good to find out that the lion’s bra was not doing its job either. Picture it, sitting in our shared cubical measuring the length between out arm pits and our nipples. Fortunately, most people ignore us completely.

I began to wonder, who was it that established this rule? Did somebody somewhere say, “Hey, when my nipple is three inches above my armpit, my breast really looks good.” And then, did she ask her friends? Did her friends all agree that 3 inches is in fact the just the right length for any woman . . . tall or short?

No comments: