Job 33:28

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Baby Got BookCopyright 2004, Dan Smith

Intro
Oh my goodness, Becky, look at her BibleIt is so bigShe looks like one of those preacher guys girlfriendsBut... you know... Who understands those preacher boysThey only talk to her because she looks like Mother Teresa, ok?I mean her Bible... it's just so bigI can't believe it's so hugeUgh! It gross!Look, she's just so... righteous

Verse 1
I like big Bibles and I can not lie
You Christian brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with a KJV
And a book mark in Proverbs
You get stokedGot her name engraved
So you know that girl is saved
It looks like one of those large ones
With plenty o' space in the margins
Oh baby, I wanna read witcha
Cause your Bible's got pictures
My minister tried to console me
But that Book you got makes
("M-m-me so holy")
Ooh, momma-mia
You say you want koinonia
Well, bless me, bless me
And teach me about John Wesley
I saw her prayingWhile
I was DJingShe got grace...pretty face
She ain't goin' down to the bad place
I'm tired of heathen guys
Sayin' they like pocket-size
Ask the average Christian to take a look
She's gotta pack much Book
So...Fellas (Yeah), fellas (Yeah)
Has your girlfriend got the Book (Oh yeah!)
Well, read it (Read it!), read it (Read it!), read that Holy BookBaby got Book

Chorus
(NIV with a ribbon bookmark)
Baby got Book(NIV with a ribbon bookmark)

go to http://www.whiteboydj.com/babygotbook/lyrics.html to see the video, hear the song, and see the rest of the lyrics . . . there are alot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My coteacher is asleep or I would play the video ... right now I want to laugh out loud at just the lyrics...
Where did you find this??

Anonymous said...

I especially liked how he rhymed John Wesley. LOL :0D

fp