Job 33:28

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sometimes I wish I carried a little realia with me. A large plastic gun to point at people when the do really ignorant things.
One of my pet peeves . . . when I'm walking across the street at a corner, in the walk way with the little white "walk" guy signaling me to "go ahead walk across the street, it's your turn now!" and up comes a car who wants to turn across my crosswalk. Is this my problem? I only have 45 seconds to get across the street. I like to take that 45 seconds as "my time" I like to walk slowly and deliberately across the street, as is my right as a pedestrian.
The pompous idiot in the air-conditioned-cushy seat-turning-right-on-red-car has the self-importance to honk at me to get out of her way faster!
That's when I want to walk up to her window and tell her "Pedestrians have the right of way, even if your light wasn't red and my 'walk' light wasn't on, which are both the case at the moment, I would still have the right of way." Alternatively I'd like to point a plastic gun at her until I was across the street, and let her think that her impetuous and rash actions have consequences and she’s about to meet them.

No comments: