Job 33:28

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Last night I prepared for myself a meal with international flare. My coworker, who is from Kenya, told me how to make samosas using tortillas for the shell.

(Samosas are Indian right?) I used to buy Somosas from the street venders in Islamabad. The other ex-pats warned me against such risky culinary adventures, but I said, "Pishaw!-these are super yummy, those who avoid street venders avoid real life!" (take note international travelers, I'm a vegetarian, it is likely street venders and meat are a more dangerous mix.)

So I bought some uncooked tortillas from the Mexican food store, I cooked up my veggies and added in my Thai curry paste from the Asian food store and made my Indian-Kenyan-American (Mexican-Thai) samosas. (umm, super yummy, almost just like I remember.)

No comments: