Job 33:28

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Raise your hand if you know how funny it is to see a dachshund roll over. (my hand is way up) I taught Buzz to roll over last night and tonight. He still argues with me a lot about it, but he’ll do almost anything for bacon treats. I had to teach him in two phases. First he learned “roll” where he would lay on his side and I would give him a treat. Then while he was on his side, I would tell him “over” and give him a treat after I pushed him over myself. Now, if I say, “Buzz, RollOver!” he’ll sit there and bark at me for a while, and if I keep saying it he’ll finally get around to the “roll” part and I have to keep saying “over! Over!!! OVER!” and eventually he’ll wiggle his way over to the other side. I must say, it is ridiculous. I love it.

No comments: