Job 33:28

Thursday, February 10, 2005

I went to the mall and got a makeover at one of the counters last weekend. The girl made me up to look like I wasn’t wearing make up. I thought, “Well heck! What’s the point in that? I always look like that because I hardly ever wear make up!” (Yes, yes, the lipstick addiction still stands, but most days, that’s as far as it goes.) I’ve been working on my New Year’s resolution to start wearing eye makeup at least though, because I sure ain’t getting any younger and I need something to temper the downward spiral.

She said, “You have such flawless skin, you really don’t need base, but lets try some of this powder.” I wouldn’t go so far as flawless . . . quite possibly she was handing out the compliments with the hopes of receiving some sales. I didn’t even get mascara! I suppose it doesn’t matter, my eyelashes are already brown so no point in that, and black mascara makes my eyes look creepy. I don’t even want to look at my eyes when I wear it. (I do confess about twice a year I feel devious and wear it just to creep people out.) I did buy some “cheek tint.” So I look pink and rosy “Like a cute boy just walked by.” So said the sales girl.

No comments: