Job 33:28

Sunday, January 09, 2005

In my jr. year in high school, I started keeping a journal with me at all times. In this journal I would write anything that came to me, any thing that struck me as interesting or note worthy. I would also paste pictures in the pages, write letters to people I never intended to send, quotes, poetry, appointments, assignments, sunday school lessons. songs I liked, books I'd read. movies I'd watched-- everything-- it was always with me. I had it with me always always for years, 1992 through at least 2001.

I still keep a little note book in my purse, sort of like a vestage of all those years of carrying around those bigger books, but more for emergency, "I can't believe he just said that I've got to write it down!" purposes.

I was going through some of the pages tonight- generally I never re-read my journals, but these ones have pictures, so I just looked at them, and picked up on a few lines here and there to remember what was going on. I found this little jem-- ah I feel it must be republished, I sent it off to a few people via email when I first wrote it (1999) Now, here it is again- memories relived!

Ode to my nose pin

Oh, how I love my nose pin!
It gives me an excuse to stick my finger in!
And pick all those boogies out
It makes me want to stand and shout!

Sometimes you must clean your nose
When it won’t come out, no matter how hard you blows
You must stick your finger up in there
And look like you mean it when people stare

I must pick my boogies from around my nose pin
After all, you know, it ain’t no great sin
Pickin’ helps in your breathin’
And pickin’em out don’t make you no heathen!

I pick'em out on one side and then,
I pick'em out on the side with the pin.
I like it so much I tell all my friends,
They say, “Shannon that’s gross!”

But that doesn’t rhyme . . .

So I say, “Well that all depends,
On if you have a nose pin,
And how for you stick your finger in!”

The end

I miss my books, maybe I should make a resolution to keep one again, you know you can't say just everything on a blog after all.

No comments: