Job 33:28

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

At work not so long ago, my lab supervisor, Tom, was conducting an experiment. Part of his experiment included hooking a hose to a sink faucet and to secure the hose he started clamping it down to the eye-wash station. Here is a man who has been a chemist for longer than I have been alive and I just turned around and said, "You can't do that."
He said, "Do what?"
I said, "That's an eye wash station."
He said, "Oh! It is sure is! I shouldn't put this here . . . but this will only take a few minutes." and continued to fasten it down.
I said, (ever so calmly) "Well, I hope nobody's eyes burst into flame in the next few minutes." He said, "Burst into flames? Yeah, right, I'll just take this off right now."
I said, "Whatever, you're the supervisor."
He said, "Yeah, yeah, I'll just take this off."

No comments: