Job 33:28

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Everyday when I drive to work I pass Mac Author Blvd, and lately when I see I've been thinking about a song that always intrigued me a kid. "Mac Author's Park"

The words are (If I remember correctly) "Mac Author's Park is melting in the dark, all the sweet green icing flowing down. Someone left the cake out in the rain. I don't think that I can take it, 'cause it took so long to bake it, and I'll never have that recipe again!"

The only real way to know what that means would be to ask the writer, but in my mind it always meant- here is the end of a relationship, which was very good, but became neglected and the singer fears he will not have a relationship as good as that one again.

What a strange metaphor. Honestly, who would leave a cake out in the rain?! If there is cake and there is rain, the cake is coming with me to a dry spot. I would never forget a cake. A loaf of bread, maybe, but not a cake, especially a cake with green frosting. I mean, you don't come across a green frosted cake every day. Well, it's just a thought

No comments: