Job 33:28

Monday, July 19, 2004

One of the last things I moved out of the old apartment was the couch. 
 
Long ago and not so far away I thought I was losing my little bitty mind.  I wrapped two presents for Christmas.  I adorned them with mini Hershey bars.  I went to work.  When I came back from work, one present was gone, the other was missing a mini Hershey bar. 
 
I considered the possibility that I was mistaken, that I had not indeed wrapped the second gift, and there had been no mini Hershey bars to speak of.  Slowly, however, I realized that according to all the evidence (tape marks on the remaining present where a mini Hershey bar would have been, the inability to find the missing gift wrapped or unwrapped and the alleged sighting of a mouse of indeterminable size) that to be sure a rodent had absconded with my chocolate and my gift intended for my room mate.
 
I looked everywhere, I really did.  I informed my room mate that there had in fact been a gift, but that a mouse had stolen it.  I’m not absolutely sure she believed me . . . I mean what are the chances after all? 
 
When the couch was moved I found 2 mini Hershey bar wrappers, 1 chewed through wrapper and 1 rhinestone belt (that was the gift.)  Not only that, I found my lost-for-3- months-ring, 2 (unmatched) earrings, 1 shiny gold button and a whole bunch of mouse poop. 
 
Mystery Solved! 

No comments: