Job 33:28

Tuesday, November 19, 2002

It's getting more and more complicated-- I never wanted a higher education, I just wanted a job that didn't suck. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get this done asap. I need four semesters of under graduate language study. I have two. I remember nothing. So, I could try to remember all the things I've forgotten (not sure I ever really understood in the first place) and take two more upper level semesters of Greek, or I can just start over.

To start over, I can try to find a place that teaches a language I want to learn, at a time I can take it, (Seems the University of Utah has a summer Farsi program) or I can take French. French-- France doesn't call to me. French doen't give me much intrinsic motivation-- "Hey! I want to learn French so I can talk to . . . French people . . .so I can go to . . . France?" Okay, I know Canada, North Africa, Lebenon . . . I can talk myself into French because I took it in high school. I can't even try to talk myself into other languages I'm not interested in.

le français n'est pas parlé ici

No comments: