Job 33:28

Sunday, October 06, 2002

I went grocery shopping for the first time in over a month this weekend. It wasn’t as fun as I had hoped it would be. I was feeling rushed for time, and there were way to many people in the store. But at least I have some food in the kitchen now. (Added bonus, I got paid $7 to take a survey and tell them that I didn’t think their new product was a good one.)

Where to put the food in the kitchen was another challenge in my ever-so-interesting life. I was the last one to move into this apartment. Everyone else has a full size cabinet to keep their dishes and food in. Being last, I got what was left over in the way of storage space-- a shoe box sized space above the sink, which I can’t even reach with out a chair, and a sliver space next to the oven. In a regular kitchen this would be the place you keep you baking sheets and really skinny skillets. I don’t have baking sheets or skinny skillets.

So after careful consideration, I decided to put my dishes and food in the dishwasher. It’s good storage space. I’ve never seen anyone use it and it’s just taking up space. I thought about telling my room mates about my decision, but for some reason I found a cryptic pleasure in the idea of them discovering it for themselves.

I was informed this is classic passive-aggressive behavior.

The passive-aggressive life is good.

No comments: