Job 33:28

Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Benchmark testing in the funny room

 Today the students are ‘benchmark testing.’ Which means they are testing to see how they are going to test when the ‘real’ testing is given.  It is surely testing overkill- but the great state of Texas has goals and dreams for her students.  

It’s terrible.  I’ve considered homeschooling more than once.  It’s still on the table.

Anyhoo- I’m facilitating in another teacher’s room- and while the decor should be something I am attracted do- considering how I like to decorate- it is actually making me slightly anxious.  

I wonder if someone else’s ‘out of control’ makes me nervous because my ‘out of control’ is so overwhelming.

My house is OUT OF CONTROL and overwhelming.  I feel like a horder.  There is way too much stuff.  

Back to the classroom- there are shiny stars hanging from the ceiling, college pendants on the walls, colorful motivational posters,  pictures,  shelves full of Knick-knacks, crafting materials, books, calculators, computers, pens, pencils, erasers.  There are trophies and purple accents all over the place. Clearly this teacher has spent a lot of time investing into the look of this room, and it’s killing me!

When/if I get my own classroom I would like it to be more like a living room, less like a circus tent.


No comments: