Job 33:28

Friday, March 05, 2021

Tamzin the Friendly

 I decided to change pre-schools for T.  I took her with me to visit a new place.  While the director was showing me around she was telling me what the kids would do on a regular basis.  She said, "These little cubbies are where the kids will hang up their jackets and put their things."  So- T took off her sweater and put her bear up on the shelf.  The director said, "Oh! she knows how to get things started!"  Then she said, "This is the three-year-old classroom, with all the learning centers."  So, T went over and started playing with the playset.  Then, while we are watching what will happen next she said, "At lunch time we clean everything up and line up to go to lunch." And even though she was talking to me the whole time, T put what she was playing with away and stood in front of the door.  

That girl was showing how schooled she was.

We looked at the rest of the facility, played with some more toys, and when it was time to go the director put her hand out to shake with T.  T pushed her hand aside, and gave her a hug.  

I said, "I guess she likes it here."

The director said, "She is SO CUTE!"

She is so cute- and smart, and stubborn and independent like her sisters.

The other day we were cleaning out the garage to get ready for a new garage door (that actually opens and closes- novel) near dusk when all the sudden someone says, "Where's Tamzin?"  I said, "Well, that's a good question, and I went to look in the house, while my husband went down the driveway."  Down at the street, he yelled her name and our neighbor (who we stayed with during the storm) yelled back, "she's down here!"  That's across the street and down three houses that my three-year-old took herself in the almost dark.  So I walked down there, and sure enough, there is her tiny scooter leaning up against the door.  

The neighbor said, "Tamzin's here, I don't know where the other girls are."  I told her they were at home, where we thought T was too. She said, "Tamzin just came up and knocked on the door, and I asked "What are you doing here?" and she said, "I come in."  So I said, "okay."

I told T we needed to go and she hugged everyone and said,  "Bye!"  

And the neighbor said, "She is so cute!"






No comments: