Job 33:28

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Long lost friend...

Well- I could be talking about this blog- my long lost friend- but actually I was thinking of something far simpler- older-
a pen
When I was in high school I had a thing about fountain pens.  I'm not sure why, or how it got started, but I has a small collection of (cheap) fountain pens. I loved them and I had all different colors of ink.
Fast forward 20+ years.  I have a new collection of some cheap (Chinese) fountain pens and some rather expensive ones as well. I also love them.

However, up on a shelf, in a box was a little green, plastic fountain pen.  It has yellow daisies on it, and the ink inside has long since dried up.  It was one of my high school pens.  I've been dragging it around all these years.  I have some cartridges too, unopened, but half dried up anyway.

Sometime ago I bought some syringes to flush out some of my pens, and maybe refill some cartridges.   And so- while I should be working I have revived my little green flowered pen!  She's alive!  She's perfect!

Knowing I have enough pens and ink to last for generations does not stop me from wanting more!
Vive le stylo plume!

No comments: