Job 33:28

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

I just wanted a taco

Yesterday I wasn't feeling well, so I decided to stop at one of my favorite places for lunch.  It was a headache-and-I-think-I-need-some-protein- kind of unwell.
I went to Taco Cabana.  I had a super yummy bean and cheese taco plate and highly enjoyed to salsa bar.  I was feeling good when I came out and started the car.  I saw I had a tire with low pressure, so I got out to check it out and I saw that I had a 4 inch slash on the side of my tire.

Seriously? Why so angry tire shasher?

I'm just a white girl enjoying a taco!

D came to change the tire (theoretically I could do it myself, but lets face it- tire changing is certainly a perk of having a man around) and he was trying to be optimistic and said, "Maybe it was a really sharp piece of re-bar you drove by."   That kind of gash would have deflated the tire immediately- so I thought, "Maybe it is was a crazy person with a really sharp knife."

It turned out that crazy-pants-cutter chose to slash the one tire I had with a road hazard warranty.  Weird.  I messed up the previous tire  when I slid off a county road in the rain.  I didn't need 4 new tires so I just got that one new- and bam! Another new one!

It makes me really wonder what is wrong with people.  I mean I know people do terrible-horrible-disgusting things on a regular basis- but when it doesn't directly effect you- you can push it aside. This is something so small- an inconvenience- but what makes a person so angry to lash out at a stranger for no reason? What makes them think destruction of someone else's property is ok?

No comments: