Job 33:28

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

DSM

Last week a friend asked if I wanted to go see "a musical" she had free tickets and was proposing a girls night out.    I said, "sure."

Yes, typical of me not asking, "what is the name?" or "where is it?" or "what's it about?" No, none of that,  I just heard "free" and said "okay."

We drove to Dallas, we went to Fair Park, she handed me a ticket for a Dallas Summer Musical Performance.  At that point I asked, "What are we seeing?"  Dallas Summer Musicals are, as far as I know, the "premier" shows in the DFW area.  I've never been to a DSM show because they are kind of pricey  and fancy- they are usually Broadway or Off Broadway shows.

Priscilla Queen of the Desert is showing this week.  I've heard of it, but I had no clue what it was about.  I vaguely thought of it as a comedy- that was all I knew.

I can describe that show as beyond outrageous.  I actually really liked the message.  The costumes . . . WOW.  The divas floating down from the ceiling . . . the giant glittery stiletto on the LED covered bus . . .  MacArthur's Park  and the cupcakes. . . I don't have the time or the words to discuss it all.

I recommend it to a crazy tall blonde with a microphone and a camera.  I don't know where that footage will end up, on the cutting floor I hope.

No comments: