Job 33:28

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Adventures in housewifery- that's a real word.  I looked it up.  The baby has precariously placed a mug on a stepping stool near the dog bowl so that she can push it over onto an unsuspecting, eating dog.  I see she just missed her chance.

The kitchen smells like vinegar  sheep, and cherry Kool-Aid.  This will teach me to buy superwash wool in the future. Ugh.

I'm dying yarn.  I do it every once in a while just to see what will happen.  This is my 7th attempt.   Some turn out better than others.  I'm making a baby sweater out of one of my creations.  I gave one ball away on a yarn swap.  I redyed one today because it didn't please me the first time.  The new one today . . . well I'm just not sure how that's going to turn out.

I read that white wool makes bright colors and grey/light brown wool will make deeper jewel tones.  I bought this wool yarn the other day in light brown imagining a deep/rich wine color with shades of ruby and deep pink intermixed.  What I think I'll end up with is a molten mess of mauve.  Not to worry I can always redye.

I washed the dishes today, which was about as far as my housewifery went.

I should have folded and put the laundry away, put in another load, vacuumed and organized one of the many projects I have to organize.  Pooh.

I didn't even get up til noon.  I blame the cold and flu meds.

No comments: