Job 33:28

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It has happened.  The 80s styles are back in the worst possible ways.  I was at McDonald's yesterday and for whatever reason there were about a million high school students there too. One girl was dressed like she had just come from the staring roll in the 1980s.

At first I thought she was dressed for a play, but when I looked around I noticed hints of her 'style' on the other girls too.  The off the shoulder shirts, tights, raglan sleeves here and there and in neutral colors one can ignore it, pretend it's not happening, but this one girl- I should have taken a picture.

She was wearing pink tennis shoes, purple legwarmers, blue tights, a jean mini skirt, a gray off the shoulder shirt, with a black and neon splatter tank top underneath.  She had her hair up in a side pony tale secured by an enormous red scrunchie.  She had a neon green headband and those big plastic pink and green sunglasses that were popular in the day.  She finished off her look with blue eye shadow and a pink purse. 

The only additions or changes she could have made were bigger hair, a banana clip and slouchie socks (2 pair in different colors.)  Woe is me- this is really happening.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's back, 80s are the best!! Greatest, most unique decade of all time.