Job 33:28

Monday, October 31, 2011

I went to the Doctor today.  I started coughing just as he walked in.
"You were diagnosed with asthma when you were a kid."  (not a question)
"No."
"You should have been."

I think I just had a 'House' moment.

I said, "I have fall allergies."
He said, "Among other things."

I've never even seen this man before!

He said, "You know you are married to a nerd."
I said, "Yes, I know."  (Insightful man after all.)

He said, "I'm going to send the nurse in to give you a test. If you don't pass it you should go to the emergency room."

I passed.

He said, "Well, it looks like you are getting enough oxygen, I'm going to give you an antibiotic so you don't get pneumonia.  Keep taking over the counter allergy and cough meds.  Good luck!"

That was one of the strangest doctor visits I've ever had.

No comments: