Job 33:28

Thursday, March 17, 2011


Last week we went to see Johnny about our rings.  Johnny is the jeweler Daniel worked with to design my opal ring, which I love.  Daniel bought the opal over 10 years ago looking forward to putting it into an engagement ring.  When he proposed he said this was the ‘surprise’ ring and we could get a diamond later.  At first I thought I would wait for the diamond.  But after talking to Johnny (an ultimate salesman) I decided to get him to make a diamond ring for me too.  He’s a character, and always busy traveling and buying and selling.  There’s no telling when Johnny might have time- so I figured this was my chance to get him to make a ring that corresponds to my opal ring with some of his signature touches as a jeweler.  The rings should be ready next week. 

This week has been busy.  I’ve been on spring break, but I’ve been busy with wedding stuff every day.  The day before yesterday we stuffed, sealed, addressed and stamped about 400 invitations.  There were about 100 missing from the print run, so we can pick those up tomorrow and have the invites out this weekend.  Our invitations are also one of a kind designs made my Jessica my soon to be sister-in-law. 

Yesterday Daniel and I got our engagement pictures taken.  I think they are going to turn out really well.  We went to Handley, the little town where we will get married, and took some pictures with a caboose (the town symbol) then we went to a few parks in Arlington.
Our photographer is about 12 years old.  I told him I got a haircut and the woman styled it so that it looked like I just walked out of 1990.  He said,  “Oh, that’s when I was born!”  Oh well, his pictures are awesome, so what do I care how old he is?

Today I was with Jessica’s mother because she will be making my veil.  Again, it will be amazing. 

Tomorrow is Daniel’s birthday- so we will be out and about for that and that’s the end of my spring break.  Tragic.

We did decide to go to Spain for our honeymoon though!  Wow- that will be amazing, awesome, fantastico!

3 comments:

twilight.time said...

Hi. I've only read two or three of your post, but so far I'm interested. I especially want to see what your rings look like! And if you would like to check out my blog that'd be cool too because I need some followers :P. Thanks :). And looking forward to hear about that Spain trip.

twilight.time said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
twilight.time said...

Soo, I found a picture of the rings on here.. They are beautiful :)